There’s nothing better than a warm bowl of soup on a chilly evening, is there? This delicious Cheesy Ham Chowder is one of our family’s favorite meals.
Cheesy Ham Chowder
- 1/4 c. margarine
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups cubed potatoes
- 6 oz. frozen corn thawed
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cups 12 ounces shredded colby or cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- In Dutch oven, saute onion and carrots in margarine until tender.
- Stir in flour. Gradually add milk and water, stirring with whisk until well blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add potatoes, corn, and bouillon granules. Reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cheese and ham; heat until cheese is melted.
Adapted from Taste of Home
Find more recipes: Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Tasty Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tasty Tuesdays, Ultimate Recipe Swap, and 10 Days of Warm Winter Soups