Cheesy Ham Chowder
There’s nothing better than a warm bowl of soup on a chilly evening, is there? This delicious Cheesy Ham Chowder is one of our family’s favorite meals.
Cheesy Ham Chowder
- 1/4 c. margarine
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups cubed potatoes
- 6 oz. frozen corn thawed
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cups 12 ounces shredded colby or cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- In Dutch oven, saute onion and carrots in margarine until tender.
- Stir in flour. Gradually add milk and water, stirring with whisk until well blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add potatoes, corn, and bouillon granules. Reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cheese and ham; heat until cheese is melted.
This looks so delicious!
Your chowder looks like a recipe I must try! I look forward to reading more of your blog 🙂
This looks awesome. I make one similar! Great job! Traci
Soup is just perfect this time of year! Thanks for stopping by my blog :).
Your soup looks and sounds delicious. I will be trying it real soon!
Thanks, Kathryn! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Thanks for visiting!
Sounds wonderful- thanks for linking up to my 10 Days of Warm Winter Soups series so I can give this soup a try! I really like the “Save It” and “Print” feature that you offer on your recipe. Do you use a plug-in for that? WordPress is soooo new to me- I’m still finding my way around. 🙂
Thank you for hosting the soup link-up! I pinned it for future reference. 🙂
I use the Ziplist Recipe Plugin, and I would definitely recommend it! I believe it can be downloaded directly from the plugins tab on your dashboard. I am still working on making it look the way I want it, but there are plenty of options. Hope that is helpful!