There’s nothing better than a warm bowl of soup on a chilly evening, is there? This delicious Cheesy Ham Chowder is one of our family’s favorite meals.
Cheesy Ham Chowder
- 1/4 c. margarine
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups cubed potatoes
- 6 oz. frozen corn thawed
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cups 12 ounces shredded colby or cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- In Dutch oven, saute onion and carrots in margarine until tender.
- Stir in flour. Gradually add milk and water, stirring with whisk until well blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add potatoes, corn, and bouillon granules. Reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cheese and ham; heat until cheese is melted.