Shepherd’s Pie is a quick and easy one-dish meal. This version is a bit different than traditional recipes, due to the cheddar cheese soup. Our family especially enjoys this dish with a bit of shredded cheese added to the meat filling.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 16 oz. pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/3 c. water
- 1 11 oz. can cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 cups mashed potatoes leftover, instant, whatever
- Cook ground beef and onion in skillet until meat is browned; drain.
- Add vegetables and water. Simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in soup, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to 1-1/2 qt. casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes. Bake at 375 for 30 min. or until hot.
Find more recipes at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday.